Building the community by supplying long-term jobs and training by way of targeting the residents within the ward or district where projects are being planned and constructed is our first priority. Our goal is to provide resources for our candidates that prepare them for a career in construction. When our candidates are selected to be a part of development projects, we facilitate the hiring process and provide support after they are hired to ensure a successful working relationship.
In addition, we perform the due diligence to get our CEC candidates prepared to work in the construction industry once those opportunities become available. We work with several local agencies to prepare and provide CEC candidates with resources to make them an asset to any organization.
If you are looking for a career in construction, we encourage you to apply to the CEC Program. Please complete our online application at the link below.
Hiring process/Steps to becoming an Approved candidate
At CEC, we prepare our candidates for careers in construction. Connecting residents to long-term job opportunities on projects in their communities is our priority.
We facilitate the hiring process and provide support after candidates are hired to ensure successful working relationships. We also partner with several local agencies to provide candidates with resources to make them an asset to any organization.
Joining the CEC Community
If you are interested in a career in construction, we encourage you to apply to the CEC Program. You must complete the following steps to be considered as a CEC candidate:
- Complete an Interest Application – Once we receive your completed application, we will add your email to our database.
- Complete the Online Intake
- Applicants will be notified of intake dates by email.
- CEC will review your application when the intake process is complete.
- Note: Before you become an approved candidate, you must successfully complete our screening process.
- Pass a drug screen
- Note: This step is mandatory to move on in the process.
- Complete an interview, coaching, and development session
- Your new resume is created
- CEC will begin referring you to potential employers.
- Note: CEC does not hire anyone or influence the hiring process.